Utility Splines Help
UTILITY SPLINES HELP PAGE
Don’t have Utility Splines? Get them here!
UTILITY SPLINES Icon Interface Breakdown
UTILITY SPLINES TRAINING VIDEOS
In these training videos, you’ll see step-by-step details on how to use the 5 Utility Spline plugins, as well as a lot of use-cases!
Utility Splines Quickstart & Use-Cases
Installing Mac & PC
RKT SPLINE TAB
UTILITY SPLINES INTERFACE BREAKDOWN
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What versions of Cinema 4D does Utility Splines work on?
- Utility Splines works with Cinema 4D R20 and above.
- Utility Splines is compatible with Mac & PC.
- How many computers can I install Utility Splines onto?
- One license of Utility Splines entitles you to one install on a tower and one on a laptop. Looking for a group License? Contact us.
- I’ve correctly installed Utility Splines, but it’s not showing up in my Extension/Plugin Dropdown.
- The most likely cause is your C4D is not fully up-to-date. Newer compiles of C4D often break older plugins. Update your C4D, and Utility Splines will likely pop into the Extension/Plugin dropdown right after. Utility Splines exists in a flyout inside of the Extension/Plugin downdown.
- Does Utility Splines work with other plugins? X-Particles? Octane? Redshift? Arnold? Etc?
- Yes! It modifies splines, so as long as another plugin can see a spline, it should see Utility Splines.
- 3rd party renders see splines differently from each other. Often times they require a tag applied onto the spline to have it be seen by the render engine.
- What happens if I send a file to someone who doesn’t have Utility Splines?
- C4D will pop up a warning that there is a missing plugin, and the Utility Splines objects in the Object Manager will show as question marks. If a scene file is saved on a machine that doesn’t have Utility Splines, but the question marks, once it is returned to a machine that has Utility Splines installed, it will automatically work again (assuming the Utility Splines weren’t deleted by the user).
- A Utility Spline can be made editable if it is not animated, then the resulting spline could be sent. Otherwise, baking to Alembic will be necessary.
- Can I send a file with Utility Splines to render farm?
- The render farm will require Utility Splines to be installed. If a 3rd party farm does not have Utility Splines, have the vendor contact Rocket Lasso.
- If all else fails, a Utility Spline can be baked out to Alembic for maximum compatibility.
- Why isn’t Utility Splines showing up in my R23?
- Maxon changed some things in an R23 update, so make sure your R23 is fully updated to Service Pack 1. Utility Splines is compatible with the most up-to-date version of C4D.
- Find a bug?
- Please contact us and let us know so we can fix it!
- Utility Splines is compatible with Cinema R20 and above.
- Utility Splines works on Mac and PC
- Utility Splines works alongside your favorite plugins like X-Particles and 3rd party Renderers
One license of Utility Splines entitles you to one installation on a tower and one on a laptop.
Can be found here.
CONTACT TECH SUPPORT
Don’t see the answer to your question above in the FAQ? Then contact us here.